Saturday, 15 August 2026

What do Creative Teachers Think About During Vacation? - Aminuwrites

 


Even during vacation, creative teachers don't completely switch off their teacher brains! πŸ˜„ They rest, travel and enjoy themselves—but their minds often keep generating ideas.

Here are some things creative teachers may be thinking about during vacation:

🧠 1. “What can I do differently next term?”

They reflect on what worked, what failed and what needs to change.

πŸ“š 2. “What should I learn?”

They look for books, courses, webinars, podcasts and new teaching strategies that can improve their practice.

πŸ’‘ 3. “How can I make my lessons more engaging?”

They brainstorm activities, games, projects, experiments, stories and real-life learning experiences.

πŸ‘€ 4. “What are my learners struggling with?”

Vacation provides an opportunity to think deeply about learners who were falling behind and plan better support.

🎯 5. “How can I improve my classroom management?”

They reflect on discipline, routines, learner participation and how to create a more positive classroom climate.

πŸ’» 6. “What technology can I learn?”

Creative teachers may explore AI tools, educational apps, presentation tools, digital assessment platforms and other technologies.

πŸ“ 7. “What teaching resources can I prepare?”

Instead of waiting until school resumes, they may prepare worksheets, reading materials, assessment items, lesson resources and classroom displays.

πŸ€” 8. “What if I taught this topic completely differently?”

Vacation gives the teacher mental space to redesign familiar lessons.

πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦ 9. “How can I better understand my learners?”

They think about learner differences, motivation, interests, backgrounds and learning needs.

πŸ’° 10. “How can I improve my financial situation?”

A creative teacher may think about legitimate side projects such as writing, tutoring, educational content creation, consultancy or developing teaching resources.

πŸš€ 11. “What professional skill should I develop next?”

They may consider leadership, research, ICT, assessment, communication, educational technology or instructional coaching.

πŸ“– 12. “What book should I read next?”

For some teachers, vacation is the perfect time to catch up on professional reading.

πŸ§‘‍🏫 13. “What kind of teacher do I want to become?”

This goes deeper than lesson planning. They reflect on their professional identity and long-term impact.

🌱 14. “How can I make a difference beyond my classroom?”

Creative teachers often think about mentoring colleagues, supporting their community, creating educational content or solving problems in their schools.

❤️ 15. “Am I taking care of myself?”

And this one is important. Creative teachers also need to rest. Sometimes the most productive vacation activity is simply sleeping well, spending time with family, travelling, laughing and doing absolutely nothing related to school.

🌟 The big question

While some teachers think:

“How many days are left before school resumes?”

The creative teacher eventually asks:

“When school resumes, what will I do differently that will make my learners say, ‘Wow, I've never learned this way before’?”

Vacation is not only a break from teaching. For a reflective teacher, it can be a laboratory for new ideas.


© 2026. Aminuwrites PLC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do Creative Teachers Think About During Vacation? - Aminuwrites

  Even during vacation, creative teachers don't completely switch off their teacher brains! πŸ˜„ They rest, travel and enjoy themselves—b...