Sunday 23 February 2020

Nkrumah Founded Ghana


Nkrumah Founded Ghana!
I never met Nkrumah. I don’t know his ancestors. I wasn’t born during his time. 

I don’t know whether he found Ghana or Ghana found him. 

But, I attended a Junior Secondary School and not a Junior High School. 

I learnt Social Studies. I was taught by the overall boss, and the best Social Studies in the world, Professor Daniel Akwasi Osei Bonsu. I remember how he describes Ghana’s history vividly and accurately. He taught us the Old Ghana’s History, the Mali Empire, the Songhai Empire, Askia Mohammed, Azikiwe, Kenyatta, Malcolm X, Luther King Jnr, Nkrumah, etc.

I read all the struggles Nkrumah went through. His arrest, imprisonment, bombing and overthrow. His books and everything relating to Nkrumah were banned and burnt. I learnt how the leadership of various groupings in Ghana joined forces with the CIA to overthrow Nkrumah.

I also read how some leaders of the United Gold Coast Convention blamed Nkrumah for being the brain behind the 1948 Riots against the then British Colonial Administration in Ghana. I also learnt how Nkrumah won election in prison. I was also taught how the Flag of the British Colonial 

Administration was lowered whilst the Ghana’s Flag was raised high.
Growing up as child, I have learnt about several leaders like Nelson Mandela and Chairman Jerry Rawlings.

I saw how Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years and yet he is regarded as the founder of the Republic of South Africa. During his period of imprisonment, there were people who were struggling to make South Africa free. However, they decided to choose him as the founder because of his instrumentalism.

I also learnt how Chairman Rawlings was imprisoned whilst others fought for his release. Yet these same people regard Rawlings as the Founder of the National Democratic Congress.

Others might have helped Nkrumah, no doubt. But, it was his instrumentalism that gained Independence for Ghana. 

Conclusively, permit me to quote my one and only teacher Mr. Daniel Akwasi Osei Bonsu, that “Whether you like it or yes”. Nkrumah is the founder of Ghana. Period!


AminuWrites
Coach, AminuWrites Unlimited
Instagram: AminuWrites
Facebook: AminuWritesAW
Whatsapp/Call: 233 - 244- 299 - 706

1 comment:

  1. With you and your write up we will never allow them to change our minds.

    ReplyDelete

University of Education, Winneba 2023 Graduates to take note-Aminuwrites

The University of Education, Winneba (UEW), informs the 2023 graduands and the general public that the Second Session of the 28th Congregati...